Two Day Cleanse with Nourish Your Soul11:50 PM
The last time I tried a juice cleanse I got a little hangry and ended up in line at Qdoba ordering a quesadilla, chips, and guac by 4pm. But that was over a year ago and I have been running my body pretty hard lately so I figured I owed it to myself to try my hand at another.
- Cleansing isn't about depriving yourself; above all listen to your body.
- Supplement your cleanse with lots and lots of water.
- If you rely on caffeine allow for a small cup of coffee or green tea to give you the boost you need.
- Seriously starving? Vegetable broth is an acceptable option during a juice cleanse.
A couple of things I discovered during my cleanse...
- Timing is everything. I probably shouldn't have chosen the end of the week to do my cleanse. Thursday and Friday are big days for evening outings and events and the temptation to cheat was everywhere.
- Your friends are your worst enemies. Everyone wanted to go out for dinner and drinks and when I'd say "Sorry, I'm doing a juice cleanse," the response was always "So just one drink?" or "Just one bite?" Sorry guys, it doesn't really work that way.
- Support is crucial. Halfway through the second day I wanted to run into Shake Shack with open arms but while I was at work Jeff wouldn't let me quit. If you have someone keeping you accountable you are more like to successfully complete your cleanse.
Did this cleanse change my life? Not exactly, but it was a great way to reset and get back to eating cleaner and being more mindful of how I treat my body. In the days following the cleanse I felt lighter, energized and ready to tackle anything that came my way.