Spring Beauty Updates1:30 PM
A change in season is the perfect time to switch up your beauty and skin care routines. And with Spring right around the corner (this Winter can't last forever,right?) I'm sharing some of my recent product discoveries...
- Previously, I was using Boscia Black Hydrating Gel but I found it to be too thin for the Winter months. I recently switched to Origins GinZing and I think I've finally found my perfect match! It is quickly absorbed into the skin, has a pleasant citrus scent, and leaves my skin feeling energized. My only gripe is that it doesn't have SPF.
- I've never been one for self-tanners but I recently received this Super Goop Gradual Self-tanning Mousse with SPF 20 and it's fantastic. It doesn't rub off on clothing (not even my cream/white camisoles!), leaves a very subtle glow, and smells vaguely of buttercream frosting. I mean, if Spring is going to be this cold fake it til you make it!
- I love a good face mask. I think I have about 6 different ones hanging out in my bathroom right now but I love the IOMA Paris Smoothing Moisturizing Mask leaves my skin feeling so hydrated and silky smooth. It stimulates cellular activity to reduce the appearance of fine lines and keep skin looking great. I used it this morning again and can't get over how great my skin looks and feels.
- There's no better time to add a little color to your routine than Spring! I've been reaching for this icy blue eye shadow from Shiseido lately to brighten my eyes and add a little drama. A sheer sweep over my eye lids and a little mascara and you're instantly glam.
- My all time favorite way to add some subtle oomph to my eyes is with colored mascara. And when it comes to colored mascara I'm a huge fan of Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue. It's inexpensive, applies easily, and has a nicely pigmented color.
- Rosy pink cheeks and lips look so pretty and natural come Spring time! Kryolan hooked me up with this Lip N' Cheek color in Lily and I'm in love! Perfect for on-the-go application, this cream-to-powder formula is my new gym bag beauty staple; it adds just the right amount of color to my cheeks without making me look clownish.
- I received these Elemental Herbs All Good Lips lip balms over the holidays and while I love that they have SPF and a good dose of color, Winter was just too intense for these lovely balms. But now that Spring is in the not-too-distant future (and my lips aren't dry and flaky) I find myself constantly reaching for this balm in Maroon Creek. It has a little shimmer, a nice wash of color, and a delightful mint flavor.
What beauty and skin care updates are you making for Spring? Will you be adding some fresh colors and products to your routine?